Recently, someone contacted me about Wright Brand Bacon. Has anyone ever tried this brand? It’s new to me but I should be getting some samples to try soon—I’ll let you know what I think! In the meantime here is a recipe they provided that looks pretty perfect for summer. Watch the video with Food Network’s Aaron McCargo here.
Bacon Burger-Style Hot Dog
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
6 strips uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon
1/4 cup jalapeño peppers, chopped
1 cup shredded Colby cheese
4 hot dog buns
8 strips uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon
Grilling Preparation Instructions
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1. While grill is preheating, in a medium size bowl mix ground beef, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
2. Cook 10 strips of Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly, then coursely chop.
3. In another medium bowl, gently toss the cooked bacon pieces with jalapeños and cheese; set aside.
4. Divide burger meat into quarters and roll each quarter between two pieces of plastic wrap to a 6-inch by 4-inch square.
5. Place 1/4 of the cooked bacon, jalapeño and cheese filling down the middle of each square. Roll and seal meat into hot dog shape.
6. Wrap each burger dog with two strips of uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon from end to end, securing with a toothpick.
7. Place burger dogs on medium-hot grill and cook approximately 15-20 minutes with lid closed, turning every 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove burger dogs from grill, place on hot dog buns and enjoy!