5/3/10

Mmmmacarons...with bacon!

At the Brooklyn Lyceum this weekend, I was on a mission to pick up some spicy BaconMarmalade, taste some MilkMade ice cream and see what other goodies I could find. Unfortunately, it was disgustingly hot and muggy up there preventing me from perusing all the tables very thoroughly. But on my quick loop around I spotted a sign through the crowd with the enticing words: Candied Bacon with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. As I drew closer, I still had no idea what this candied bacon thing was... until I saw the pretty little display of macarons off to the side. I LOVE macarons! And now someone has put two of my great loves together? Yes, I know I have many great loves—but this is one I hadn’t even thought of. Macaron Parlour has a very unique take on the traditional macaron. Upon first bite, it is rather odd to find an actual piece of bacon sandwiched inside your delicate macaron. But the flavors are rather intriguing and work together quite well. Thanks to Simon for offering me a paper towel to mop myself up so that I may enjoy your macaron even more! Other interesting flavors I have yet to try:

S’mores

Black Sesame with Cookies & Cream Ice Cream

Might I suggest a new flavor collaboration? How about BaconMarmalade and chocolate... ooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment